Sunday 3 August 2014

The Re-Awakening...

So I was recently completing an application which required me to answer a question around what have I done/accomplished to date since my time on the Fortune Program just over a year ago? I initially started drafting the answer, aiming to be concise and follow the instruction of limiting the answer to 500 words. But as I said writing and, as such, reflecting on the incredible year that had just passed, it fast became apparent that I much more to share than the 500 words would allow. It was no longer just about what I had done, but all of a sudden I started reflecting on my thought-processes, lessons learnt, milestones achieved and even putting plans in action moving forward. I was so inspired and excited during the process - it seemed that the content was just flowing from my head (and certainly my heart) straight out through my fingers, almost faster than they could type. Before I knew it, I was barely done with the first 2 points and I was well over my word limit! 

I realised that as I continued I needed to be more succinct. This meant cutting out much of emotion and thought-process behind some of the activities/accomplishments. It seemed a shame to do so, as I just felt an urge to write. But with the purpose in mind, I went on the complete the question as instructed – when complete, despite really trying, I was still over the word limit and had to review and shorten further. But it was in doing just this – returning to edit my very first point – that the inspiration and reminder came:

I actually had the perfect platform to (continue) sharing thoughts, ideas, learnings and the like! And that it being very seldom that I found myself this inspired to simply write, I should take advantage and make the most of this opportunity… 

And so this is how I find myself here once again, after over a year, re-awaking this platform for the purpose it was launched – to share my thoughts and learnings with the world. And if these can inspire, assist, encourage and/or enable even one more person to do more… to be more, then my time has been well-spent and ripple-effect of positive change continues.

So over the next few days, I will be fleshing out those “500 words” and specifically be posting updates about what I have been up to since my time on the Fortune Program, and perhaps even give a sneak-peak into… where to from here? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment